Featured Post

The TKTalkie v4 - Press 6 for the Imperial March

Upgrading - the Path from v3.15 to v4.0 (Note: I had started this draft last year but never finished it, due to personal issues and cuttin...

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Self Starting Soft Supplies

Still no word on my ANOVOS soft goods. They're supposed to be shipping for my tier until 5 March. I'll be out of town on business next week, so I'll give them an extra week; if I haven't heard anything by the time I get back, then I'll make an inquiry (because I know their Customer Service dept. is bogged right now).

It's a good thing I bought my own goods then, so that I can at least get some fitting done for the armor party this weekend :)

OK, so I need to do some crunches...
And yes, that's one of our two cats. She liked running against my leggings.

As I mentioned yesterday, I bought some stuff from Amazon (the shopping list can be found there). But I'll break down my impressions here now that I have them in hand:
  • The Time to Run compression apparel is nice for the price point. I purchased a medium top and large bottom (for my big cycling legs). Everything was very snug but easily wearable. I ended up tucking the top into the bottom to keep it from sliding up my back when bending over (very easy since the waist band has no branding on it). I slipped some armor over it and it will be more than satisfactory. Brand labeling on it is minimal, and they'll easily be covered by the armor and neck seal.
  • The gloves (glove liners, actually) are a little bit sheer as they're 100% silk. Also, they snag on everything. I'll probably pick up a pair of Gorilla Grip Gloves at Home Depot as recommended by others on the ANOVOS FB group (they're less expensive than these glove liners too), but I'll keep these as liners for the rubber gloves ANOVOS will (eventually) be shipping me, for more comfortable "black tie" trooping when the rubber gloves will be necessary for screen accuracy.

The extra large helmet bag is great. It has a nice pull string connected at both ends to the bag, with a spring-loaded slider to keep the bag closed. I can throw the bag over my shoulder using the pull for easy carrying, especially when I'm pulling the armor cart behind me.

My boots should come in Thursday :D Really looking forward to trying them on to ensure they fit.

Yesterday, I also picked up $23 f electronics hardware to start working on a fan system for the helmet. I think I could ape the Echo Fan system myself with only a slight amount of work. But that's a story for another post. Until then...

Update 3 March 11am:



I got some new plunder... err, booty!

No comments:

Post a Comment