Featured Post

The TKTalkie v4 - Press 6 for the Imperial March

Upgrading - the Path from v3.15 to v4.0 (Note: I had started this draft last year but never finished it, due to personal issues and cuttin...

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The Thigh (Re)Master Pt 2 - Get In Shape, Thighs!

Edit: DO NOT trim thighs for length until the end of your build. Mistakes were made. Consider the following a cautionary tale.

With the thighs now properly shimmed, it was time to start fitting them to the garter belt and straps and, almost as important, reforming the shape I lost when I trimmed them down.

As one critic pointed out, after the armor party, my thighs weren't looking very much like TK thighs after I did some moderate trimming for length. I chopped off the peaks and ended up rounding them off.


Since then, I had planned to re-shape the thighs. However, initial fitting revealed shimming would be required so getting into the thighs wouldn't feel like squeezing my legs into funnels. That being done, I was now set to trim the upper outside edges into the proper TK shape.

Unfortunately, I was initially overzealous with the trimming and botched the shape on the right thigh. Sigh. That's what I get for trying to bang it out before bed. Well, at least I had a lot of experience with shimming. SO I added part of the cut section back on and shimmed it. Thankfully, it took a lot less time than shimming the back of the thighs.


While I was working on that, I trimmed the left thigh. For both pieces, I simply freehand drew the shape I wanted to cut, going down a total of 1.5" max from the top, cutting the shpe out with the Dremel cutting disk, and then hand sanding the new edge.


Using the new garter belt system, I placed the ANOVOS thigh straps onto the snap mounts and marked where the top of the thigh met the strap. I was then able to use this measure to help determine where to place the loop tape inside the thigh, although I did have to tweak it a few times afterwards. I used a longer length of loop tape to allow for minor adjustments.


And with that, I was at the end of the ANOVOS instruction guide. All pieces have been cut, fitted, assembled, and in some cases modified for better wear-ability. Now it was time to throw everything on and see how it fits together. That will be in the next blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment