Featured Post

The TKTalkie v4 - Press 6 for the Imperial March

Upgrading - the Path from v3.15 to v4.0 (Note: I had started this draft last year but never finished it, due to personal issues and cuttin...

Friday, February 12, 2016

Being Too Nitpicky?

Purchased some electronics for the helmet that came recommended to me by another trooper. Used, it was less than $10, even after tax. Looking forward to testing it out and mounting it in between working on other armor parts.

Didn't get much done last night as I had other distractions, like going to a concert :)


After the concert, though, I did final sizing for my right bicep. Now I'm just hoping it's not too snug. I set the edges with the crazy bend up in the clamps first. Then, when I got up this morning, I clamped the other edges together in order to give the first edge enough set-up time to deal with the crazy curvature with the particular edge.


The left bicep might need some very slight trim, but I want to see how the right bicep fits before I do that. I want to ensure that the right bicep isn't too tight, especially when flexing my bicep. Once I get a feel for rightly, I can see what I want to do with lefty before I glue it up.


I'm still not happy with the right forearm. The edge cemented this time, but it still feels too loose. I'm tempted to take up the outside edge on the front and take of 1/4" of material to make the raised edge better match up with the strip, and to give me a slightly better fit (you can see how the edge of the armor is still right of the strip in the above photo). I really wish I had an arming suit so I could test the fit over that, but the left forearm "feels" almost perfect, so I think it will need to be done. Going to wait to wait until the forearms are done before I revisit this piece, so I can fit shins while I re-cement the piece.

Some final fitting with the arms tonight, and hopefully I can start fitting my shin pieces, after I've done some reading on UKSWrath's thread :)

No comments:

Post a Comment