Featured Post

The TKTalkie v4 - Press 6 for the Imperial March

Upgrading - the Path from v3.15 to v4.0 (Note: I had started this draft last year but never finished it, due to personal issues and cuttin...

Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Shinning (follow up from The Shell Swap)

Didn't work on the kit tonight as I had to do a Costco run and get ready for a weekend of being shut in due to a major highway closure for construction. But I obviously needed to unclamp my reconstructed shins and try them on with a pair of long socks.

They fit, but just. The closures work a lot better (easier to don and remove) but are a little off near the bottom; I can adjust that using the bra hook method if need be. I taped them up and walked around in them, and they were all right - tricky going up stairs to be sure, at least until I do some trimming, because of the ankle area mostly. I'll also need to remove some of the edge return near the knees to reduce rubbing, These are minor issues compared to what I was previously looking at before swapping parts, and issues I'd most likely have if I'd assembled them correctly in the first place. I'll let you all be the judge.





As mentioned, I'll need to trim the ankles to adjust for the height difference between the two halves, and to keep them from digging into my feet and boots (when TK Boots has my size back in stock later this month). 

To anyone who was affected by this issue and now has ill-fitting shins because of ANOVOs' mistake, I highly recommend you send ANOVOS an email (support@anovos.com) entitled "TK Kit Issue," let them know about their faulty numbering and instructions led to your incorrect build, and demand new parts. I'm fortunate in that I was able to pull mine out of the proverbial fire. I already know others weren't so lucky.

As soon as I get confirmation from the folks on whitearmor, I'll re-attach the sniper knee, start working on sizing the thigh pieces, and finish cutting out the last of my pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment