Featured Post

The TKTalkie v4 - Press 6 for the Imperial March

Upgrading - the Path from v3.15 to v4.0 (Note: I had started this draft last year but never finished it, due to personal issues and cuttin...

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Getting My Head Into the Game; Arms Clean-Up

During the day this weekend I've started toying around with my helmet (bucket). Namely, like many Anovos owners, I'm not satisfied with the stock harness in the helmet. Some have replaced this with pads, or gone with a cheesecloth + Plastidip method. However, as I promised to some blog viewers, I'm going to work with the kit for now, at least until it's complete; thereafter, I might make post-build blogs regarding mods.

As the the sstock harness, the two problems are the hook & loop placement in the helmet that keeps the harness in place, and the hook & loop strips coming off the harness itself. For the latter, I've decided to take the nuclear option by removing the strips, applying a gerous amount of E6000 to the harness, re-placing the strips, and clamping (especially since I won't need the clamps tonight).


I'll let that set up and then start removing and re-placing the H&L inside the helmet for better placement. I need the harness as far back as possible to give my eye glasses space (if I want to troop without contact lenses), and for possible future electronics installation (like the Pyle Pro you can see in the above photo).

I unclamped, untaped and/ or removed all magnets from all the arm pieces and I'm satisfied with the results. However, given the "screen accurate" nature of the pieces, there's significant overhang on all the pieces post-fitting.


Using the Dremel cutting wheel and sanding drum, I was able to trim to pieces jutting over down to the lower pieces for a nice, even seam. I cleaned up the strips as well, using the knife, sanding drum, and very steady hand to add bevels post installation.


There's still some minor cleanup to do on the edge returns on the shoulder, elbow, and wrist edges, but otherwise these pieces are ready for final fitting once I move to installing the strapping. As promised, I'll be using the Anovos strapping for the time being when I get to that stage.

To finish up, I put the shin pieces on my legs to do initial sizing, by overlapping the pieces and marking the overlap to determine how much total material will need to be removed from both pieces in the rear.


Next session I'll determine how to split the differeence between the pices to make an even, center-most seam in the back of the pieces for strip and H&L placement for final assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment