Featured Post

The TKTalkie v4 - Press 6 for the Imperial March

Upgrading - the Path from v3.15 to v4.0 (Note: I had started this draft last year but never finished it, due to personal issues and cuttin...

Monday, February 1, 2016

Cutting Bicep Pieces

Joined the ANOVOS Stormtrooper Building Kit Group today on Facebook, where I learned some tips. It will be very helpful to have people in the same boat, getting advice from expert builders.

Also discovered that my kit was supposed to arrive with a poster and didn’t; sent an email to ANOVOS. They replied later to tell me it will be on the way in 2-4 weeks.

My wife letting me buy TK Boots for the outfit - so awesome!I think she wants me to try for 501st status :P (her Theater degree is showing.) They’re back ordered until the end of February, but I’m unworried. I may still be building my armor by then anyhow.

Also discovered that Disney is not selling their E-11 stormtrooper blasters ANYWHERE after removing them from the parks. Sent them a scathing email, and was forced to buy blasters for the boys from eBay at a price hike from a private seller, as I already have one for the costume.

(later)

Didn't have a lot of time to work tonight given chores and getting the boys to bed. Cut out pieces 12 - 15. Now, I’ll need to glue them together to make the two bicep pieces.However, I’m confused on if I need to keep the end returns (the 90 degree folds on the ends going into the armor) or if I can remove them.


Somebody on the FB group mentioned some good tips from Trooper Bay. Going to check that out tomorrow. Tonight I only had enough time to cut and prep the pieces anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment